How to fix door locking problems
The guarantee of safety and integrity of our flat or house is first and foremost the front door. After all, it is unlikely to go out somewhere for a long time without locking it. Therefore, it is very important that the door lock is reliable and works properly.
Door locks are part of everyday life, which in most cases we do not have to think about much. They keep your belongings and property safe and secure, so as not to worry every time you travel, visit, work, and generally when you are not at home or in your office.
Locks are really something we think about when we get into a situation where we can’t lock, unlock the door, or our key goes in, without the opportunity to pull it out.
If we get into a situation where something goes wrong with the lock, it is pretty unpleasant.
We at 1Brand Services have all the knowledge and resources in the field of locking mechanisms so that we can fix the situation and the problem and get your locks, doors, locks back, and absolutely working without having to think about this case anymore.
Below, we’ll describe situations and give you guidance on what you can do to fix some door locking issues and how to fix them.
Door locking problems – The door does not close
- Often the door cannot be locked because the locking bolt is not properly aligned with the door plane. In this case, repairs could be as easy as some small adjustments to the locking bolt caps, or as complex as having to completely change the position of the door.
- As a start in this case, you can try to adjust the door bolts to align with its plane. If you encounter any difficulties, we from 1Brand Services are on hand and our experienced and competent keys will always offer you the best solutions at the most affordable price.
- Clogged locks can be relatively easy to repair. This problem most often occurs when dirt accumulates in your locks over time.
- If you want to try the “Do It Yourself” method, first try inserting a cotton swab slowly and in a controlled manner into the lock to pick up the dirt.
- If this does not work, you will need to lubricate the lock, but please be careful never to use oil! Oil and grease can actually clog the lock and cause additional problems. Always use graphite or silicone spray to lubricate locks.
- If you are unfamiliar with locks, locking mechanisms, have a problem with locking the doors, or do not have the right tools, you can call 1Brand Services, and we will send one of our trained professional teams to return your lock back in on time.
When you can insert the key into the lock but not turn it, it means that your lock is locked. This is one of the most common key problems encountered.
- Again, there are a number of reasons why this can happen, but the most important thing is not to try to force it to work again.
- Forcing the key can lead to major damage to the lock or breaking the key in the lock, which simply makes things worse.
- You can try using graphite or silicone spray to lubricate the lock, but if that doesn’t happen, it’s time to contact our experts from 1Brand Services to avoid damage.
View more – Lock Replacement Service